ATP Delray Beach Open Player News
Casper Ruud revives YouTube channel with behind-the-scenes vlog
Casper Ruud relaunched a YouTube vlog after nearly 13 years, sharing training, team and family life.
Casper Ruud quietly restarted a YouTube channel that had been dormant for nearly 13 years, posting a 23-minute vlog that outlines life around his training and match days. The Norwegian first tried the platform in November 2012, producing a few clips that included footage of Rafael Nadal at the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell before the channel fell silent until this past Sunday.
The debut episode, titled “A Day In My Life”, follows Ruud from his morning rise just after 7 a.m. through a full day of on-court and off-court work. He introduces viewers to core staff members, including his father and head coach Christian Ruud, close friend and hitting partner Joachim Bjerke, and fitness coach Jon Aase. Light-hearted moments and jokes break up the routine of practice and drills.
“I feel like YouTube gives us the space to go deeper than other platforms. It’s a chance to show the work behind the scenes and the people who are part of the team,” Ruud said.
A second installment appeared Wednesday, released ahead of his first match at the Delray Beach Open. After a practice with Valentin Vacherot, the 2025 Shanghai Rolex Masters champion, Ruud quipped, “Give me one more view,” he joked with Valentin Vacherot after practicing with the 2025 Shanghai Rolex Masters champion.
Ruud, who is ranked world No. 13, becomes the latest ATP player to explore long-form content following recent channel launches from Arthur Fils and Alex de Minaur earlier this season and Ben Shelton in December 2025. The piece notes several other players who have found an audience as creators, and references established efforts on the women’s side such as Daria Kasatkina and Natalia Zabiiako’s “What The Vlog,” which began in November 2022.
There is no fixed schedule for Ruud’s uploads. “We’ll treat it more as a flexible project. Some tournaments might be great for content, other times we’ll wait until there’s something special to share,” he shared.
On court at Delray Beach, Ruud, the No. 2 seed, staged a comeback in his opener against Marcos Giron, rallying from two points shy of defeat to win 4-6, 7-6 (6), 6-4. He also recently celebrated the birth of his first child, a daughter, with his wife Maria.
ATP ATP 250 Qatar ExxonMobil Open
Alcaraz challenges time violation after lengthy rally in Doha quarterfinal
Alcaraz disputed a time violation after a long rally with Karen Khachanov at the Doha quarterfinals.
Carlos Alcaraz voiced frustration over a time violation warning during his quarterfinal at the Doha ExxonMobil Open after an extended rally with Karen Khachanov. The world No. 1 had just outfoxed his No. 7th-seeded rival at the net and was serving at 4-4 in the first set when the dispute occurred.
Umpire Marija Cicak issued the warning after Alcaraz exceeded the 25 seconds meant to be taken between points. As the player walked to the back of the court to retrieve his towel, Cicak said she had reset the clock only after that action, prompting Alcaraz to question the ruling on court.
“I’m not allowed to go to the towel?” asked an incredulous world No. 1. The pair continued to debate the matter during the changeover, with Alcaraz requesting that the violation be canceled. He was playing his first tournament since capturing the Career Grand Slam at the 2026 Australian Open.
Cicak remained firm in her explanation. “I can’t invent more time,” explained Cicak. The exchange highlighted the tight timing rules that govern the interval between points and the limited discretion officials have once a clock has been managed.
The incident came at a pivotal moment in the opening set and drew attention for its timing, occurring immediately after one of the match’s longer rallies. Alcaraz’s reaction was a rare public display of frustration in a match where he had just successfully used the net to win a point against a seeded opponent. The warning stood, and the players resumed play following the changeover and the discussion on court.
ATP Laver Cup Masters
Zverev and de Minaur Confirmed for 2026 Laver Cup Return
Zverev and de Minaur confirmed for the 2026 Laver Cup at The O2 in London, Sept. 25-27. and Alcaraz.
Alexander Zverev and Alex de Minaur have officially committed to the ninth Laver Cup at The O2 in London, scheduled for September 25-27, 2026. Zverev will represent Team Europe and de Minaur will play for Team World, joining Carlos Alcaraz and Taylor Fritz on their respective rosters.
“I always love being part of the Laver Cup,” said Zverev in a release provided by the competition. “The team atmosphere is incredible, and the intensity is unlike anything else we play all year. London is a great tennis city and The O2 is one of the most special stadiums in the world for me and has already delivered some unforgettable moments for this event. I’m excited to return and hopefully we can win the title back for Team Europe.”
Zverev will make a seventh appearance for Team Europe. A six-time Laver Cup competitor and the event’s all-time leading points scorer, he returns to London after last year’s defeat in San Francisco, the first Laver Cup loss of his career. His record includes title-winning teams in Prague (2017), Chicago (2018), Geneva (2019), Boston (2021) and Berlin (2024). Zverev also has a notable history at The O2, where he won the ATP Finals in 2018, and he arrives off a strong start to 2026 that included an Australian Open semifinal loss to teammate Carlos Alcaraz.
“Sascha understands this competition as well as anyone,” said Noah. “He’s been part of all of Team Europe’s Laver Cup victories over the years, and even in tough moments he’s someone the team can rely on. His experience, leadership and competitiveness will be hugely important for us as we aim to win back the cup.”
Team World’s top-ranked player and winner of last week’s ATP 500 event in Rotterdam, de Minaur will compete in his third Laver Cup. He was part of Team World’s first title in London in 2022 and was influential in San Francisco last year, winning all three of his matches to help secure another victory for Team World.
“Laver Cup is one of the most intense and exciting weeks on the calendar,” added De Minaur. “Playing in London in 2022 was a special moment for our team, and San Francisco showed what this group is capable of. I loved playing under Andre last year and I’m really looking forward to getting back out there in London with him and the team.”
“Alex is a fierce competitor and the consummate professional,” said Agassi. “Our week together in San Francisco gave me an even greater appreciation for him and what he brings to the team. I’m extremely excited to have him back as a part of Team World.”
With Team World taking three of the last four titles, the rivalry will return to London, the site of Roger Federer’s final match in 2022 alongside Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray. Fans can expect intense singles, unusual doubles pairings and top players joining forces in a team format.
ATP ATP 250 Delray Beach Open
Umpire Stops Tiafoe to Black Out Sponsor Logo Before Delray Match
Umpire stopped Frances Tiafoe before his Delray match to black out a sponsor logo; Tiafoe won. in 73
Frances Tiafoe’s Delray Beach Open opener began with an unusual delay when chair umpire Joshua Brace stepped down from his seat to advise that the American’s shirt breached ATP logo rules. Tiafoe, the No. 8 seed, was wearing lululemon’s Ventilated Sleeveless Tennis Shirt in black, which carried the lululemon emblem on the left chest and two stacked logos on the right chest for UKG and Barclays.
As officials examined the issue the crowd grew loud, booing while staff sought a remedy. A ball kid brought a black marker and Brace used it to cover the offending logo, a simple fix that allowed play to proceed. Tiafoe laughed and asked what he should do about the rest of his shirts. He packed spare shirts into a bag, sent it to his team with the marker, and had them black out the Barclays logo on each one.
According to the ATP rulebook : “If sleeveless, then two logo positions may be placed on the front, however neither shall exceed 6 sq in (3 sq cm).” The same marker solution has been used before: last year at Roland Garros Hailey Baptiste was stopped because the Nike logo on her headband was too large and an umpire covered it with a black marker.
Tiafoe became an official brand ambassador for Lululemon in January 2025 after previously wearing Nike, and he competes in K-Swiss shoes. Once the clothing issue was settled the 28-year-old required just 73 minutes to defeat qualifier Rinky Hijikata 6-4, 6-4 and advance to the second round, improving his record at the tournament to 12–4.
“I’m happy, I’m happy. Really happy about it. I thought I played pretty well tonight,” Tiafoe said in his on-court interview. “Thanks everybody for coming out. It’s nice to have another home tournament.”
-
ATPAustralian OpenGrand Slam1 month agoAustralian Open announces record A$111.5 million prize pool for 2026
-
ATPMastersPlayer News2 months agoQuiet Climb: Francisco Cerúndolo’s move from steady veteran to central contender
-
Analytics & StatsATPPlayer News2 months agoDavidovich Fokina’s 2025: Progress, Near Misses and the Elusive First Title
